Integrated Managed Care
The Washington State Health Care Authority has begun implementing changes to the Apple Health managed care program. This is based on State Legislature to shift to a whole-person approach to care delivery. The approach is being rolled out by county and will eventually apply to the entire state of Washington.
Beginning January 1, 2018 Coordinated Care members in Chelan, Douglas and Grant counties (which make up the North Central region) have physical health, mental health, and drug and alcohol treatment covered under our plan. This new system is helping us better serve Apple Health members in our state.
For behavioral health crisis services, Beacon Health Options (Beacon) operates a 24/7 crisis phone line to support children and adults.
|Member County||Behavioral Health Crisis Number|
|Chelan, Douglas and Grant counties||1-800-852-2923|
As these changes roll out, we’ll provide training and resources to keep you informed. For more member information visit the Benefits and Services page under our Member section, or call Provider Services at 1-877-644-4613.
For more information on Integrated Managed Care (IMC) and its implementation, visit the Washington State Health Care Authority’s web page Integrated physical and behavioral health care.
- Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) Critical Incidents Form (PDF)
- HCA's FAQs: Why change Apple Health to an integrated care model? (PDF)
- North Central (Chelan, Douglas, Grant) Integrated Managed Care Presentation (PDF)
- Provider Forum: Integrated Managed Care Operations for North Central Presentation (PDF)
- Integrated Managed Care Clinical Symposium - North Central (PDF)