SafeLink® – Free Phone Program for Medicaid
Most Coordinated Care Healthy Options Members* are eligible for a free phone through SafeLink, the federally funded free phone program. Members receive the phone for 12 months with option to renew each year.
(Note: *CHIP is not eligible, one phone per household)
Our Members Receive
- A free phone and 250 minutes per month
- The option to buy extra minutes at a discount. Only $0.10 per extra minute (can use CentAccount® card to purchase extra minutes).
- The ability to make and receive calls from doctors, nurses, 911, family and friends.
- Communication access 24 hours a day
- Unlimited text messages
- Calls to Coordinated Care Member Services that will not count towards the 250 minutes
- To take part in Coordinated Care text health programs
With a SafeLink phone, there are no bills, so there are no surprises. If you run out of minutes, you can buy more. And you can always call 911 or Coordinated Care Member Services for free, even if you run out of minutes.
You are able to sign up for a phone if one of the two options below applies to you:
1. You already participate in one of the following assistance programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Community Options Program Entry System (COPES)
- Disability Lifeline (formerly General Assistance)
- DSHS Chore Service
- Refugee Assistance
- State Family Assistance (SFA)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Food Stamps
2. Your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG ).
3. There are many ways to enroll in the SafeLink program:
- If you already have a SafeLink phone, call 1-877-631-2550 so you can begin receiving Coordinated Care’s SafeLink benefits.
- Visit www.safelink.com to apply online.
- Fill out an application and mail back to: SafeLink Wireless® P.O. Box 220009 Milwaukee, OR 97269-0009.
- Call SafeLink at 1-877-631-2550 to apply over the phone.
Remember, you can also login to your Coordinated Care account at any time for this contact information, as well as other forms and resources.
Don’t have a Coordinated Care account? Sign up now! It’s quick and easy. Click here.