Skip to Main Content

Complaints and Appeals

You or your authorized representative have the right to file a complaint if you are unhappy with the quality of care you have received. You may also file a complaint if you feel your doctor or a member of their staff was rude to you or that your rights as a health plan member have been affected. Complaints will be reviewed and resolved within 45 calendar days. You also have the right to appeal a decision made by Coordinated Care.

You may may file a complaint, also known as a grievance, by:

  • Filling out a form found on our website called a “grievance form” and mail or fax it to us. 


  • Write a letter and mail or fax it to us.  Be sure to let us know about the problem, when it happened, who was involved. Include your name, Medicaid number, address and any other information you think is important.

    Coordinated Care
    Attn: Grievance Department
    1145 Broadway, Suite 700
    Tacoma, WA 98402
    Fax: 1-877-212-6668 


  • Call Member Services and you can submit your complaint or “grievance” verbally on the phone.
    Phone: 1-877-644-4613 (TTY: 711)

If you need help filing a grievance, call Coordinated Care at 1-877-644-4613 or TTY 711. If you are a client with behavioral health needs, the Ombuds is someone that can help you with questions and filing grievances. Contact Coordinated Care or go to and select the mental health tab on the left for more information about how to contact your local Ombuds.

If you wish to file an appeal in writing, you may use this Appeal Request form (PDF). You can also write a letter that includes the information requested in the form, or you may file an appeal by phone, fax, or in person.

  • If you wish to file an appeal by phone, call us at 1-877-644-4613 or TTY 711. 
  • To file appeal in writing, mail or fax the completed form or your letter to:

Coordinated Care
Attn: Appeals & Grievances
1145 Broadway, Suite 700
Tacoma, WA 98402

Fax: 1-877-212-6668

  • How to submit a claim for covered services    

You should not be billed for services that are covered. If you receive a bill for a service that should be covered by Coordinated Care of Washington Inc., call your provider (doctor) or Member Services for help at 1-877-644-4613 (TTY 711).