Life is complicated. Your health care doesn’t have to be.
Coordinated Care offers confidential care management at no-cost to all our members. Care management helps you access care, understand your benefits, and get connected to services. Coordinated Care’s care management team is made up of qualified social workers, nurses, and specialists.
How does your care manager help you?
Your care manager is your partner in health. They can talk to you over the phone and send you information.
They can help you:
Choose a doctor or primary care provider
Find resources for housing, clothing, food, transportation, and more
Manage your medicine
Talk to providers about your health care needs
Create and work towards your own health goals, whatever those may be
Manage a chronic condition such as asthma, diabetes, COPD, high-risk pregnancy, depression, ADHD, and more
Your care management will be tailored to your unique needs and goals. These might include:
- Mental health
- Disease management
- Gender-affirming care
- Managing diabetes
- Substance use disorder support
Members who have trouble getting the health care they need will be contacted by a MemberConnections team member, also called a Community Health Worker. Community Health Workers can talk to you on the phone, send you information, and can visit your home. They can help you understand:
- How to choose a doctor or primary care provider (PCP)
- How to change doctors
- How to find the right behavioral health provider
- How to use Coordinated Care’s services
- How to get health care advice when you cannot see the doctor
- How to live a healthy life
- How to get shots and health screenings
- Other health care problems you may have
Community Health Workers will also connect you to local resources to help you with food, housing, clothing, and more.
How do you access Coordinated Care’s care management?
These services are part of your Apple Health benefits and available to all Coordinated Care members at no-cost. There are a variety of ways you can get started with care management:
- A health care provider/doctor or other service provider may refer you
- Coordinated Care members can refer themselves by calling Member Services at 1-877-644-4613 (TTY: 711)
- You can refer a child, relative, or friend who is a Coordinated Care member by calling Member Services at 1-877-644-4613 (TTY: 711)
If you would like to find out more information about our care management services, you can reach one of our care staff by dialing 1-877-644-4613, then press 1 and enter extension 69626 followed by the # symbol.